Autumn Berry Lips | Collection DeLuxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition'

Collection DeLuxe Lipstick | 'Prohibition' | £3.99 (link)

Ok.  I was all set for typing a really autumnal themed post this evening (hence the atmospheric blog photos complete with twinkly lights...oof!) but this morning, I have been sat in the garden getting a little bit of sunshine before the cold, frosty mornings really do take hold. I kid you not, it's been like the last little dose of summer this morning. I realise I can't stay in denial any longer - summer has well and truly gone after all, and as soon as the nights start drawing in, the autumn/winter make up comes out to play.  I won't lie - I'm not the biggest fan of winter. I like the cosy nights, baggy jumpers and the whole build up to Christmas but after the festivities are done and dusted I've had enough.  I'm a sunshine lover through and through (not the greatest if you live in the UK...) But one thing that I do look forward is the whole 'dark nails, dark lips' thing.  Autumn/Winter is the perfect opportunity to really go wild with darker shades and experiment with statement colours.  So, I introduce to you my first 'autumn makeup purchase' of the season - Collection's DeLuxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition' - a deep, vampy red.

The photographs pick it up to be slightly more pink toned than it is - it's a gorgeous berry shade with a little hint of purple/pink running through it - but once on the lips it transfers as a stunning deep red/plum sort of colour.  I was really intrigued by the new 'DeLuxe' collection - as soon as I swatched them I was sold. The formula is really creamy and glides on so smoothly and effortlessly, leaving a slight sheen that is ever so forgiving if you suffer with dry lips.  I really love how pigmented it is - one or two swipes and you're good to go.  You do need a lip liner with a shade like this though, especially due to the creamier consistency - I personally haven't had a problem with it slipping or bleeding just yet but I can imagine one wrong move and your beautiful berry lips will go from 'vampy' to Count Dracula within a few seconds. I must admit I've always found Collection's lipsticks to be of really good quality, and their pigment and formulas always seem to work well for me - which is great for the purse friendly price tag of just £3.99. Yep, that's right. Change from a fiver. You can't go wrong.

I can really see this shade being my 'go to' berry lip for the next few months.  It's not dissimilar to the infamous Kate Moss '107' (you can have a nosey at my post on that here if you're interested) - it's slightly lighter, slightly less daunting and not as 'full on'.  If you were a fan of '107' last year but found it difficult to wear, then it's worth looking into this shade.  It's in the same sort of shade range but a little more appropriate for daytime wear and not as dark.   You can find the DeLuxe shade range here on the Boots website. I really do hope they bring out more! I'm hoping to get my hands on a few more shades next time I'm passing on by...

Have you tried Collection's 'DeLuxe' range? Which shade is your current favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment