Monthly Favourites | July


July has been such a lovely month for me.  As well as enjoying some scorching weather at home (the sun has most certainly got his hat on just recently, hasn't he?!), I've also been away to Crete for a week of Pina Coladas and relaxation with the fam, and tottled off to London for 6 days with my uni course to exhibit some of my work. Cor Blimey ;) What a month! As well as this I've also been to an interview for a placement and am now building up for my birthday weekend. It's fair to say I've had a lot of chances to discover new products and re-vamp my makeup routine, and I certainly have found a lot of new cosmetic favourites this month. So much so I've actually had to cut them down! I settled on a few that might tickle your fancy. Far to often I bombard you all with my lipstick favourites but I figured I've had about 4 I've been wearing constantly this month so I'd better save those for a summery post soon...  Anyway, I shall kick off with a selection of July's favourite products...


Victoria's Secret | Body Spray Fragrance in 'Sensual Blush' |

If you saw my recent holiday haul, you'll have seen this little beauty sitting amongst the things I bought. It smells amazing. It's so light and fresh and so summery - and looks really pretty sitting on my dressing table.  Just a few sprays drenches you in the fragrance and for a body spray it actually lasts pretty well. In fact, i've had people ask me what perfume I'm wearing! It also lingers in my bedroom once I've spritzed it so it's also doubled up as a handy room fragrance this month for me - it's safe to say I am addicted to it. I'm slightly gutted that when this one runs out I'm going to struggle to get another... unless I fancy booking a flight to America solely for the purpose of stocking up my fragrance stash, that is.

Urban Decay | Waterproof Eye Liner in 'Demolition' |

I won't say too much about this as I dedicated my most recent post to this little beauty (you can have a read here if you're interested). In summer, I much prefer a brown eyeliner as opposed to black.  I tend to kick the liquid out for a few weeks and settle on a more subtle, natural option for my peepers.  This one is a dream to apply, stays put all day and makes my eyes stand out without looking too smokey. 

Collection | 'Work the Colour' Eyeshadow Pencils |

I've never been intrigued by eyeshadow crayons before up until my Motherbear let me borrow one of hers on holiday.  As soon as I arrived home I swiftly popped out and bought the 3 colours I liked - including the Vintage Pink shade that I'd loved so much in Crete (thanks, Ma!) For the price they are absolutely amazing and are bang on the mark with pigmentation and application.  Once they're on, they're on - they last ages on my eyes and are so fuss-free and simple. The brown colour is perfect for a subtle smokey look for daytime whereas the lightest shade (a gorgeous yellow/white colour) is perfect for the inner corners to brighten up your eyes. LOVE.

Bourjois | Bronzing Primer |

Okay. This is product has fast become my favourite product of the whole month and I'm sure it will remain one of my favourites well into next summer. The consistency is so unbelievably blendable and smooth and it looks so natural buffed in over my foundation.  I also like to apply some underneath my foundation as it helps to smooth the skin and help your makeup stay in place, at the same time as adding a soft, bronzed glow.  It's kept my holiday tan going all month - I often lose colour on my face first so it's been handy to have in my makeup bag for a bit of a boost (it's not a good look when your face is paler than your body is it?!) I'll definitely be buying another pot as soon as this runs out - it's so versatile and I'm determined to make it work for me through autumn/winter too.

Harley Street Skin Care | Spot Less Buster Solution |

I have a full review of this product here if you want to have a nosey, but this spot treatment is now a staple in my skin care routine.  I was actually sent this to try and I've already ordered another bottle for myself.  It treats any blemishes you have really quickly, but without the horrible dry appearance that other treatments tend to leave, meaning that this one is perfect for underneath your makeup.  It can be used as either a topical treatment or used over an entire problem area, meaning that it's more versatile than other treatments I've tried.

Mark Hill | Holiday Hair Cover Up Protection Spray |

This little mini has been a suitcase essential for me this month! My hair often gets a little frazzled in the sun and I often end up battling with a load of frizz towards the end of a holiday. This little spray came in so handy for sunbathing - simply spritz over the ends of your hair and over the scalp area and it helps to protect hair from the heat of the sun.  It smells beautiful and I found it helped my hair to remain softer and frizz-free for longer.

Mac | Paint Pot in 'Rubenesque' |

I have a full review of this paint pot here, but it's been my go-to eyeshadow base this month.  I use it constantly and am totally obsessed with the peachy-gold colour it gives.  It looks beautiful both with or without a tan and looks amazing both on its own or with powder shadow over the top.


Seventeen | Wild Eyes in 'Wild Purple' |

I often get a little scared of applying any form of colour to my eyes - I'm very much a neutrals girl. However, I thought I'd give this purple shade a whirl just recently and I have to say I love it! I have green eyes and it really helps them 'pop'. I put a little in the outer corners for a subtle flash or colour and then use a liner brush to apply some under the lash line.  I'm definitely tempted to grab a few more shades!


And so there we have it - an edited version of this month's favourites! I really struggled knocking them down to 8 so I hope I didn't ramble too much! I didn't post any favourites last month so it's been even tougher choosing them this time around.  I'm currently planning a few things for my birthday at the weekend - I turn the grand old age of 23 so I'm thinking a round of bowling (got to be a little childish!) and a night on the tiles is in order!


What have you been loving this month? Anything here take your fancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment