Make-Up Bag Staple | Maybelline Colour Tattoos

Swatches L-R | Top Row - Turquoise Forever / Eternal Gold / Pink-Gold | Bottom Row - On & On Bronze / Permanent Taupe / Metallic Pomegranate


I realised the other day that I've built up quite a stash of Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye shadows.  I've loved them ever since they were launched a good while ago now and they've become somewhat of a 'holy grail' item in my cosmetic collection.  For me, they're just the perfect cream eyeshadow and I constantly find myself reaching for them when I'm in a bit of a rush or just want a simple wash of colour on my eyelids.  The staying power is really impressive - one swipe across your lids and you'll be good to go for the rest of the day (trust me - even a nightmare-ish shift at the shoe shop couldn't shift these babies from my peepers!).  The pigmentation is simply amazing, and the consistency and formula mean that they make a fabulous base for layering powder eye shadows - they really are such versatile products and I simply cannot live without them sitting in my makeup drawer now. 

No prizes for guessing the favourite of the bunch? ;) 'On & On Bronze' has to be my go-to shade for both day and night (I'm aware my pot of it looks a little mauled to say the least!) - it's such a lovely shade that works as both a subtle bronzed look for daytime or for layering up with darker browns for a smokey eye at night.  I also like to wear it paired with a little bit of 'Eternal Gold' towards the inner corner of the eye and smudged underneath the lash line slightly for a really subtle brown smokey sort of look.  

My newest addition to the 'tattoo crew' is 'Metallic Pomegranate' - a stunning red brown shade. As soon as autumn rolls around I'll be reaching for this one heck of a lot. Last year, I really got into wearing Mac's Cranberry eyeshadow on my lids, so I figured this would make the perfect base for those warmer autumnal shades as well as looking really striking on it's own. It's colourful enough to be that little bit different but not so much so that it makes me want to run for the hills (It's no secret that I favour a neutral eye - I'm definitely not a dare devil in the colour stakes...) Saying this, although I do prefer my trusty browns and golds, 'Turquoise Forever' somehow managed to find it's way into my basket on a stroll through the aisles of Boots one day.  I've only ever used it once (oops...) but it's a lovely bright blue shade that looks rather striking when applied with a liner brush under the lower lash line.  It's undeniably a beautiful shade - I just need to learn how I can use it subtlety for a more understated eye look...

I really recommend these little pots - if you haven't picked one up already that is (I'm sure that's not many of you ;)) They're amazing and I really hope they continue to release more colours - I also heard through the grapevine that Maybelline have bought out pigment versions of these tattoos so I will certainly be keeping my beady eyes peeled for those! 


Have you tried the Maybelline Colour Tattoos? What's your favourite shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment