Summer Scent | Yves Rocher 'Moment De Bonheur'

Yves Rocher | Moment De Bonheur L'eau | £38.00* | Link

As soon as the warmer weather rolls around, I tend to ditch the heavier perfumes and opt for something lighter, brighter and altogether more summery.  My newest addition to my perfume collection is this little beauty from Yves Rocher - 'Moment de Bonheur L'eau' (definitely a tricky one to roll off the tongue if anyone asks what it is you're wearing...I'm sure my accent doesn't do it justice whatsoever). If you're a bit of a summer-y perfume collector like myself, then you'll know exactly what I mean when I say this one falls under the same umbrella as Mac's 'Turquatic' or DKNY's famous 'apple' perfumes - perfect sunshine-y scents.  Yves Rocher's offering is a gorgeous, light fragrance with slight woody undertones - it's one of those 'clean' fragrances that instantly make you feel refreshed and awake. It definitely has a hint of fruity-ness to it but it's very sophisticated and not overly sweet.  Personally, I've grown quite addicted to it and I find myself spraying it even if I'm staying home for the day simply because I love it so much.What I like about it is that it isn't too 'young' - sometimes, summer scents can be a little too sweet for me but this one suits my tastes perfectly well - it has a sort of botanical hint to it that makes it a little bit different from what you'd usually expect.

The bottle reflects the scent - very simple, understated and fresh.  It's a lovely size to pop into your handbag too and I've been carrying it around with me for the past couple of weeks. Like a lot of summer perfumes, this one doesn't stick around for too long so I do find I have to top-up quite a bit throughout the day - but even once the zingy top notes have worn off you're left with a subtle summery scent (admittedly, I'm a bit of a perfume over-applier anyway...I'd probably bathe in the stuff if I could...) I've already decided that it's going to be the perfume I'm taking on holiday with me this year - it's much more of a daytime fragrance but I personally quite like the idea of wearing it out in the evening - plus, when I come home, I know it's going to remind me of sunny days, beach walks and balmy, Mediterranean evenings - isn't it funny how certain scents take you back to memories in an instant?! I'd certainly class this as a Duty Free treat - it's well worth having a spritz if you spy it in the airport before you jet away.  Overall, I'd say this will be a fabulous contender if you're looking for this year's summer scent or a new perfume to pop into your suitcase. You can find Yves Rocher perfumes and other products on the website here.

What's your favourite summer perfume?

No comments:

Post a Comment