New Release | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks | £8.99* 

When Bourjois released their Rouge Edition Lipsticks last year, it was instant love (you can read my post on them here). That in mind, you can only imagine how excited I was when I heard of these newbies to the Bourjois range - the Rouge Edition Velvets. Due to be released mid-April, these beauties promise a soft, velvety texture, a bold, matte finish and 24-hour hold.  Now then, I hate to break it to you if you're a nude lipstick fan - this range definitely isn't for the faint hearted and will most certainly be favoured by those of you who are partial a bold lip or two.  There are 8 shades in the collection, ranging from classic reds, bright pinks and nude-y corals to deep burgundy shades. Sound like your cup of tea? Read on...

The shades I received are 'Frambourjois' - a reddish berry pink tone, 'Hot Pepper'  - a stunning bright orangey-red, 'Peach Club' - a pale orangey-coral shade and 'Pink Pong' - a bright, vivid fuchsia. My current favourite has to be 'Peach Club' - it's a lovely mid-toned orangey coral shade that looks lovely for daytime wear - although I have to say, even though this is the lighter of the 4, it's still pretty bright! Firstly, I have to say that I love the application and lip-laquer styling that these lipsticks have - they're very much more of a lip cream as opposed to your typical lipstick formula.  They're easy to apply and set to a velvety matte finish.  Now, I have to hold my hands up here and admit that I'm never the biggest fan of matte lipsticks - so I do wish that they remained a little more glossy when on the lips, but I don't find them uncomfortable to wear and they really do feel very soft and weightless when worn - perfect if you prefer the matte look but hate the dry feeling! Personally for me, a little balm or gloss over the top and I'm good to go!  The pigmentation is simply incredible and these shades definitely make a statement - they really do pack a punch let me tell you! Wear time is also impressive- they don't budge easily at all.


Overall, I have to say I'm impressed with these lip laquers. They're so creamy and smooth and apply like a dream - although I always end up popping a gloss on top due to my preference for a bit of a sheen! Saying that, they aren't overly matte so don't let that put you off if you're like me! I really cannot wait to start wearing 'Hot Pepper' in the summer once I have a bit of a tan - it's so vivid and bright! If you're more of a nudes girl, it's worth looking into shade '07 - Nude-ist' which is more of a rosewood, brown-y nude - I will definitely be popping in store for a cheeky swatch of that one as soon as they're released.  If you loved the original Rouge Edition lipsticks or if you're a fan of bold, matte colour - these little beauties will be right up your street!

Which shade do you reckon you'll be trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment