Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in 'R.S.V.P' | A little gem!


I love cream eyeshadows - especially those that act as a base for further colour - I love how versatile they can be.  After trying Maybelline's infamous 'Colour Tattoos' and giving Mac Paintpots a whirl, I've become somewhat hooked and cream eyeshadow has become a key part of my daily makeup routine. My newest addition? Well, it comes as no surprise that it wasn't long before I decided to have a mooch around the Benefit stand.  I settled on the shade 'R.S.V.P' - a beautiful, shimmery pink/nude shade that flashes silvery-white when it catches the light (oo - poet and I didn't even know it ;)). Shade wise, I'd liken it to 'Sin' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette but in cream form - simply stunning and perfect for everyday wear.  It's also a little less pink than 'Pink Gold' from Maybelline (often find that shade hard to wear but I have no problem with R.S.V.P!).

As for the 'creaseless' claim - I'm happy to say it stays put perfectly fine on me and I've noticed no creasing at all.  I would like to point out though, that I don't get oily eyelids and eyeshadow going all 'creasy' on me is quite a rare occurrence. The wear time is incredible and easily lasts me through an entire day at uni, and any powder shadow I apply over the top looks brighter and bolder.  I tend to wear this all over the lid on 'lazy days', with a subtle matte brown in the crease and it looks so striking - it really wakens up your peepers!  My favourite way to use this shade though, is in the inner corners.  I kid you not, it is like beauty sleep in a pot! On those mornings where you struggle to brush your hair let alone apply makeup, this is a little gem.  I simply use a clean finger to dab some on my inner corners and sometimes just below the inner lash line and voila - instant pick me up!  Due to the sligh pink-ish hue, it doesn't look like you've tried to counteract sleepiness with the brightest white shimmery shadow you can find - it looks quite natural and is so easy to apply.

As for consistency, it's a little thicker than Mac's paintpots and fairly similar to Maybelline's Colour Tattoos - it has that creamy paste sort of feel that is both incredibly blendable and soft to smooth onto the lids.  The pigmentation is also second to none and requires no building up - just what you need from a cream eyeshadow - colour in an instant.  I also can't wrap up this little review without mentioning the packaging.  How pretty?!  I'm a design student so I do tend to go a little 'cray' over this sort of thing, but the decorative cardboard casing and delicate scalloped plastic/glass pot of product encased inside is just what packaging dreams are made of for me.  Benefit really do get it spot on the mark with their unique packaging, don't they?! The big question - would I purchase another? Of course I would! I quite fancy 'My Two Cents' or 'Bikini Tini' next, who knows - I might even opt for a bit of lilac in 'Always A Bridesmaid'.  The shade range is simply stunning and if you're a neutrals girl at heart (like myself) I think you'll find it a doddle to pick our your perfect shade (or two...)


Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow retails for £15.50 and can be found at Benefit Counters, Debenhams and Feel Unique.

Have you tried Benefits Cream Shadows? What's your favourite shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment