Urban Decay Eye Pencil in 'Demolition'


Ooooosh - snazzy photographs I here you say? Well yes, you'd be right - they are somewhat more 'snazzy' than the norm for me, but if you're a fellow blogger you'll be aware of the tricky little challenge/balancing act that is photographing eye pencils. Flippin'eck, did I get in a kerfuffle with this one - pesky thing just couldn't wait to roll off somewhere every time I perched my finger on the shutter button. After a bit of patience and a few carefully placed flowers to jazz things up a little, I thought I'd just go ahead and use the best of a bad bunch - I couldn't go without sharing this one. I've been using it all month. Urban Decay's 'Demolition' Eye Pencil is one of the newer additions to my collection and I've used it non-stop since I bought it - black eyeliner has taken a back-seat in my makeup regime for the time being. Before I went on holiday, I'd really had enough of lining my eyes with standard black liner.  In the summer I often go without lining my eyes and opt for a more natural, fresh look to my peepers. If I do need a little definition I tend to lean towards brown shades instead of piling on layers of black.  After misplacing my ancient brown eye liner, I decided it was time to treat myself to one of Urban Decay's waterproof pencils. I've always loved their eyeshadows so I figured I'd also be a fan of their liners.  Luckily, I wasn't wrong.

I won't go into too much detail - it's just an eye pencil after all.  But what I really love about this one is it's staying power. Some eyeliners just run for their life on me - I do have sensitive eyes and a dose of hay fever on top of that means they often get watery, so something that stays put for me is essential.   Well, this beauty stays put.  I was really impressed on holiday - the humid, balmy nights often mean that any eyeliner I apply has a tendancy to evaporate into thin air, but this one stayed almost exactly how I'd applied it and didn't smudge or fade.  It's quite a soft pencil to apply - being in between a creamy and waxy formula and doesn't require a great deal of building up to achieve a rich, deep brown. The consistency means it's soft enough to be a doddle to apply, but not so much so that it just slips right off your face as soon as a bit of humidity or warmth hits it!

At £14.00 a pop, these eyeliners aren't cheap, but worth it due to the staying power and quality.  If you're after a brown eyeliner that applies well and stays put, it's worth having a look at Urban Decay's range as they have so many different variations of shades (I was torn between 3 different shades of brown when choosing at the counter - eek! Don't give an indecisive blogger a choice!) I will certainly look into grabbing more colours in the future. It does exactly what it says on the tin (or box...) and it's been my go-to eyeliner pencil in my make up bag since I bought it.

Have you tried Urban Decay's eyeliners?

No comments:

Post a Comment