St Ives 'Fresh Skin' Apricot Scrub

St Ives | 'Fresh Skin' Invigorating Apricot Scrub (link) | £4.29* - Boots (link)


When it comes to facial scrubs, getting the perfect combination of creaminess, consistency and actual 'scrub power' is important.  It's quite hard to find a good 'all rounder', and it's also difficult to find the perfect blend for your skin type and needs.  I use scrubs/exfoliators all year round and they always remain an important part of my skin care regime - they get rid of all the nastiness, dead skin cells and dullness and just generally perk up your skin when it's feeling a bit worse for wear.  I swear by them to keep my skin looking clear, fresh and feeling at it's best.  If ever it's feeling a little 'clogged' or tired, or if I find I'm getting more blemishes than the norm or I have a little patch of pesky uneven/dry skin, I always reach for an exfoliating scrub to sort things out! Ok.. Prepare yo'selves for a bit of a rave...

St Ives is a brand I've been familiar with in the past.  I remember my mum using the exfoliators when I was at school and I often sneaked into her bathroom cabinet to steal a dollop or two (sorry mother!) I was recently re-introduced to them and can honestly say that this little scrub has been one of the best introductions to my skin care routine for a while.  Having recently got back off a holiday, my skin has been a little dry in parts and sun cream and muggy weather has meant a few more clogged pores than the usual. Well, this little tube of goodness came to my rescue (oo..a little skin-care superhero...whack a cape on it!) - I felt a difference in my skin from the first use.  Yes. The first use!  It instantly smooths and refreshes the skin and whilst it might take a while to see long term benefits, as soon as I washed it off, my skin felt a great deal smoother and softer to touch. It also smells amazing - honestly, this stuff smells good enough to eat - pass me a spoon! The signature apricot smell is just my cup of tea and I find I really look forward to using it purely for the scent - it's so refreshing. The exfoliating beads (which are 100% natural exfoliants - it's worth mentioning!) are just right for me - not too harsh but harsh enough to get rid of any grubbiness! It's definitely on the more 'dense' side - but the creamy consistency of the scrub means that it doesn't scratch the skin and it feels incredibly silky soft and even moisurising to apply and massage in.  It's gentle enough to use 3-4 times a week.  Oh, and did I mention that it's oil free, 'non-irritating' and contains 100% natural extracts? I have sensitive skin and this has been a dream to use - so the 'non-irritating' claim is one I really do agree with. Relief!

Overall, I really do love this scrub.  It's always a good sign when you actually look forward to using a product and I am definitely going to repurchase when this runs out.  I've even re-introduced my mum again! What I love about the range is that they do different scrubs for different skin types.  Fear not if your skin really is very sensitive, they do an extra gentle one. They also do one targeted towards 'blemishes and blackheads' and one to 'renew and firm' - so there literally is something there for everyone, of any age.  Even better though, you still get change from a fiver - so they don't break the bank and are just as good, if not better than higher-end scrubs I've used and you can pick them up on your weekly stroll through Boots.  You can view the St Ives range here and find one that best suits you and your skin type.

It's worth mentioning, if you're a fan of a good bargain now and again (like myself) St Ives can currently be picked up in Home Bargains for £1.99!

Have you tried St Ives scrubs? Are you a fan like me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment