A Contouring Favourite | Sleek Face Form Palette

Sleek Face Form Palette | £10 - Superdrug  | Link


I'm obsessed with contouring.  I have been ever since I first read 'the secret' to making your face appear more structured and defined in a magazine a good few years ago.  It's become my go-to secret weapon ever since and I'm always scouting out new products to try in my contouring routine.  It's amazing how much difference it makes to your appearance - it can give the illusion of a slimmer face, give you cheekbones to rival even Kim Kardashian and provide definition to the features in an instant.  One of my 'go to' drug store products for contouring has always been the Sleek Contour Kit  - I've repurchased again and again simply because I find it works so well for me.  Just recently, Sleek have 'revamped' the contour kit and added in a blush - known as the 'Face Form Palette'.  Of course, I had to pick one up. Would have been rude not to.

Is this kit the best contouring product on the market? Probably not, no. But it is undoubtedly a really good little kit to have if you're into contouring and one that is well worth the money. It is the best drugstore contouring product I have yet to find and I've repurchased endless amounts of time. I'd even go as far as to say that the highlighting shade is better than some of my high-end ones - I actually much prefer this one over my Nars 'Albatross' as I find it a little more natural looking and subtle. For a light skinned person the contour shade can be difficult to work with as it can look a little muddy, but with practice and a light hand, you can make even the tiniest touch provide amazing definition and the lack of orange tones in it means that it doesn't appear false or like you've overdone it with the bronzing pearls. The key is to blend. All the shades in the kit are amazingly pigmented - honestly - Sleek have got it spot on the mark with the colour pay off of their powder products.  The blushes are hyped up so much in the blogging world and it's very easy to see why - they apply smoothly, require very little building up and blend easily despite their high pigmentation.  I use a different brush for each powder in the palette - alternating between Real Techniques' 'Contour', 'Highlighting' and 'Blush' brush - they're honestly a perfect partner for a little kit like this and don't cost the earth.

The highlighting shade is my favourite part of the kit, and I will often just use this on it's own if I'm in a rush or to give my face a bit of a glow when it's looking dull (I often run this down to the pan before any of the other shades - it's a beautiful highlight) The blush is not entirely dissimilar to Nars 'Orgasm' - I like the fact they've included a universal, popular sort of shade in with the kit and it's one that will work with the majority of skin tones.  I must admit, at first I was a bit annoyed I couldn't find the original Contour Kit anywhere on the shelves and had no choice but to purchase the one with an extra shade I wasn't sure I'd use, but the addition of the blush is actually really handy and it's perfect for travelling. The shade is beautiful and looked even more amazing with my holiday tan.  I harp on any longer as I'm sure you've all heard of this product by now, but I just wanted to dedicate a post to one of my most used products in my cosmetic collection (and one that has been for a long time!) - you can have a nosey at my 'how to' post on contouring here which provides a step-by-step of one of my favourite methods including the kit.

Are you a fan of the Face Form palette? What's your favourite drugstore contouring product? 

No comments:

Post a Comment