Mac Vanilla Pigment

Mac Pigment in 'Vanilla' | £17

If you're reading this, then I'm probably sat on a beach somewhere topping up my tan or sipping on cocktails in some tropical themed bar... I scheduled a few posts for when I'm away so that Bird's Words keeps on chirpin'! One thing I've been sure to pack in my suitcase in Mac's Vanilla Pigment. Not the most practical product for travel I'll say, but one that I'm addicted to. A few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to this little beauty - I've had my eye on it ever since I first started blogging and thought I'd treat myself for Summer. I'm a big fan of contouring and highlighting so I decided on the shade 'Vanilla' - as it's hailed for being such a multipurpose product for use as both an eyeshadow and all over the body and face.

Vanilla is a lovely creamy milky sort of shade with teeny-tiny hints of glimmer.  It's fast become my favourite highlighter and I absolutely love wearing it in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten and highlight the eye area. I dust a little over my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and above my cupid's bow on my lips - it just adds the perfect finishing touch to your makeup and is instantly brightening and lifting to the complexion. I can see why this product is such a cult-fave.  It's unbelievably pigmented and even the tiniest bit provides intense colour pay off - because it's pure pigment a little goes a very long way and it's still really easily blended and smoothed out on the skin.

I find it a little similar to my Nars Albatross but just a little more natural looking as it isn't as gold once blended - it's definitely more noticeable than other highlighters I own but this is what I love about Vanilla.  It's striking yet easy to work with and the glimmers in it don't look give you glitter ball face (hooray!). Yes, it's a little pricey - but my goodness it's worth it!  You only need the tiniest bit on your brush and you're good to go. It can be a little messy and you need to be careful if you're the clumsy type - but it's worth every penny. I love the fact that this shade is so versatile (I even dusted some down the centre of my legs the other day and it looked fab!) - if you're after a good inner-corner shade for your eyes or a new highlighting powder then it's worth looking into the Vanilla pigment. I cannot wait to wear it with a tan as I can imagine it will look even more striking!

Have you tried Mac Pigments? What's your favourite?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment