Bev Ridge & Friends | Lip Gloss Trio

Bev Ridge & Friends | Distracted By Shiny Things - Lip Gloss Trio* | £10.00 [link]

A while back, I received an email all about a new website for beauty fans and fellow bloggers called 'Baobella'. After having a mooch around on the site, I began to think of it like a Pinterest/weheartit purely for beauty lovers - with all sorts of social media-typed features packed in. You can upload swatches and makeup looks you've created for others to see and comment on, as well as creating a little online list of brands and products you love.  If you're a beauty fan and haven't yet heard of the site, it might be of interest to you and it's worth having a play around on! The lovely bunch at Baobella very kindly sent me a little treat when they first launched in the form of these little tubes of sparkly goodness, and I thought I'd share them with you all - if you're looking for a pretty gift for a friend or simply looking for a little treat to yourself, then 'Bev Ridge' and friends offer some lovely bits and pieces (some of which I actually picked up for stocking fillers at Christmas time).

The lip glosses come packaged in a lovely decorative box, complete with little floral lids which are coated in a sort of paper-y material, which adds such a unique twist. One thing I really do like is the quirky packaging!  The lip glosses themselves are really nice - if you've read my blog before you'll know I'm very fussy when it comes to lip glosses. They are ever so slightly on the sticky side but not so much that I can't wear them - they're not too thick in consistency which is a big plus point for me, as it makes them more comfortable to wear. My favourite shade has been the mid-pink shade which has teeny-tiny flecks of shimmer running throughout it (seen above in my swatches) - it's just perfect for everyday wear and looks really pretty worn on its own (in the photograph) or over a lipstick. I do like a little gloss to my lips - as you can probably see I have natural lines on my bottom lip and matte formulations ofter don't look too flattering on me due to this - so having a little gloss to slick over the top is rather handy! I really like the baby pink shade - if you know me you'll know I'm partial to a nude pink lipstick or two, and this pairs really well with a tonne of my pink lipsticks - I actually find this shade the least sticky of them all.  If you're after a little gift for a lip gloss fan then it's worth having a look into these - the designs are really quirky and fun, and the little Hawaiian-inspired patterned paper lids on these glosses are just so cute. Not to mention that your purse will surely thank you for it!  Oh - and to top it all off, they smell gorgeous - very sweet and girly. Just my cup of tea.

Have you tried anything from Bev Ridge & friends?
Have you got yourself a Baobella profile? If so, do pop a little link in the comments for me to have a nose!




No comments:

Post a Comment